I am relatively new to this blogging thing. However I HAVE noticed that most of the blogs I read do this really fun “7 Quick Takes”. I thought I would give it a go! Here are a few quick takes about me.
1. My name is Mallory Brisson (formerly White). I’ve been married to my high school sweetheart Josh for about a year and a half (together for almost 10 years!!). We have a gorgeously handsome son Joseph who is an absolute joy. He is almost 5 months old, and if he got any cuter I would probably die.
2. I started this blog for 2 reasons: #1) I am very extroverted and I needed a way to “meet” new people and have “conversations”. However, this can be a bit difficult as a mom I am finding out. So, here is my blog! The best part: I can do it all while staying on my couch 🙂 #2) I take pictures because I need a way to remember and tell stories. People on Facebook probably don’t care about my stories, but I can throw those pictures on here and tell my story with them! #winning.
3. Where am I from? A little bit of everywhere 🙂 My dad was in the Canadian army, so we got posted around a lot. I have lived in 9 different Canadian cities! Current residence: Halifax Nova Scotia. Josh and I both did our undergraduate degrees at Dalhousie University. We moved to Ottawa for 2 years (where Josh is originally from and where we went to high school). We are now back in Halifax for Josh’s work, and loving it!
4. Before I became a mom, I worked for an organization called Catholic Christian Outreach. We are a university student movement dedicated to evangelization. We challenge students to live in the fullness of the Catholic faith with a strong emphasis on becoming leaders in the renewal of the world. I worked at Carleton University in Ottawa for 2 years. I found SO MUCH JOY sharing my faith with young 20-somethings. I miss it and try to keep in touch with the women I met there. Read more about my story here.
5. Josh and I are addicted to board games. Our “date night” usually involves a trip to Value Village where we scour the board game section, hunting for another game to add to our collection. We don’t discriminate – we love common and obscure games. As long as all the pieces are there and it is in good condition, we’ll take it! Hey, for $2.99 I think it’s a pretty fun “addiction” to have 🙂 Board games are featured on here often, so stay tuned!
6. I love photography and have since I was a pre-teen. My grandparents bought be a green film camera when I was 13 and I haven’t looked back since. I got a DSLR as a graduation present in 2011. Since then I take every opportunity I can to learn and improve. My goal is to someday be of professional calibre (although at the moment I have no desire to actually be a professional…I just want nice pictures for my blog! hehe).
7. I try to thank God everyday for my life. I look around me at all that I have, and I am overcome that I was given these gifts. I was rescued from a life of mediocrity to the most exciting and fulfilling life imaginable. I still can’t believe all the ways that God pursued my heart; that he didn’t give up when I kept my walls up. For all the people that he used to win me – I will be forever grateful.